Special Counsel’s Office Notifies FBI Of Scheme To Bribe Women To Fabricate Sexual Allegations Against Mueller

The Atlantic reports:

An alleged scheme to pay off women to fabricate sexual assault allegations against Special Counsel Robert Mueller has been referred to the FBI for further investigation, according to a spokesman for the special counsel’s office, Peter Carr.

“When we learned last week of allegations that women were offered money to make false claims about the Special Counsel, we immediately referred the matter to the FBI for investigation,” Carr said in a statement on Tuesday.

The special counsel’s attention to this scheme—which was brought to the office by a woman claiming she herself had been offered money to make up sexual harassment claims against Mueller—and its decision to release a rare statement about it to reporters indicates the seriousness with which the office is taking the purported scheme to discredit Mueller in the middle of an ongoing investigation.

CBNC reports:

Jack Burkman, a conservative commentator who claims to be a registered lobbyist, said in a tweet Tuesday that “we will reveal the first of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s sex assault victims” on Thursday. It was not immediately clear if the special counsel was referring to Burkman’s claims.

Jack Burkman, a conservative commentator who claims to be a registered lobbyist, said in a tweet Tuesday that “we will reveal the first of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s sex assault victims” on Thursday. It was not immediately clear if the special counsel was referring to Burkman’s claims.

In a Facebook video also posted Tuesday, Burkman claimed “we will unveil the first of the sex assault victims of Robert Mueller.” In the video, Burkman said the “first” alleged accuser is “coming out this Thursday at high noon.” He added: “Robert Mueller is a bad guy not just because of what he does inside the courtroom, but because of what he does outside the courtroom.”