Sandy Hook Families Reject Jones’ Meager Cash Offer

Connecticut Public Radio reports:

On Tuesday, InfoWars host Alex Jones offered to settle a lawsuit brought by 13 loved ones of victims killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. But the families rejected the proposed $120,000 each within hours of the “offer of compromise” being filed.

“The so-called offer is a transparent and desperate attempt by Alex Jones to escape a public reckoning under oath with his deceitful, profit-driven campaign against the plaintiffs and the memory of their loved ones lost at Sandy Hook,” reads a statement sent to Connecticut Public on behalf of the families.

ABC News reports:

The plaintiffs said they have been subjected to harassment and death threats from Jones’ followers because of the hoax conspiracy promoted on his show.

The court filings posted online said: “Mr. Jones extends his heartfelt apology for any distress his remarks caused.”

Last week Jones defied a court order to attend a deposition near his home in Austin, Texas, to provide testimony ahead of the trial. Jones said he was ill. A hearing is scheduled for Wednesday on a request by the plaintiffs to sanction Jones for not cooperating.