ABC News reports:
In a “senseless act of violence” early Sunday morning, a man drove to a birthday party at a mobile home, walked inside and started shooting, killing six people and himself, according to police.
The Colorado Springs Police Department said officers responded to a report of the shooting at 12:18 a.m. in the 2800 block of Preakness Way, which is in a manufactured home community along South Powers Boulevard.
Police said it appeared the shooter was the boyfriend of one of the female victims. Friends, family and children were gathered inside the trailer to celebrate when the shooting occurred.
This is the third mass shooting in Colorado Springs since October 2015 https://t.co/AVL4zhVQ32
— The Colorado Sun (@ColoradoSun) May 9, 2021
DEADLY SHOOTING: The suspect, believed to be the boyfriend of one of the victims, drove to the mobile home in Colorado Springs, walked inside, and began shooting people at the birthday party before taking his own life, police say #8NN https://t.co/NXDniOu4lX
— 8 News NOW (@8NewsNow) May 9, 2021
To our community-
Here is the latest information on this morning’s homicides, to include what we know so far, a message from Chief Niski, & more.
We are still early in this investigation. As more info becomes available, we will release as appropriate.https://t.co/TiGWnX3dUc
— Colorado Springs Police Department (@CSPDPIO) May 9, 2021
My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims of today’s tragic act of violence in Colorado Springs. pic.twitter.com/fp1wtNRloO
— Governor Jared Polis (@GovofCO) May 9, 2021