The New York Times reports:
Porter Wright Morris & Arthur, the law firm leading the Trump campaign’s efforts to cast doubt on the presidential election results in Pennsylvania, abruptly withdrew from a federal lawsuit that it filed days earlier on behalf of President Trump.
“Plaintiffs and Porter Wright have reached a mutual agreement that plaintiffs will be best served if Porter Wright withdraws,” the law firm said in a federal court filing.
The firm’s withdrawal followed an article in The New York Times on Monday described internal tensions at the firm about its work for Mr. Trump’s campaign in Pennsylvania. Some employees said they were concerned that the firm was being used to undercut the integrity of the electoral process.
Bloomberg News reports:
Porter Wright is one of two law firms targeted by the Lincoln Project — a group of Republicans who oppose President Donald J. Trump — for their work on lawsuits challenging the election results.
Calls and emails to the firm seeking comment on the withdrawal weren’t immediately returned. Porter Wright has also been representing the campaign in a state court challenge making similar allegations. It’s unclear if the law firm is planning to withdraw from that case as well.
Two days after a law firm representing Trump withdrew from litigation in AZ, a law firm representing the Trump campaign in PA resigns.https://t.co/0zX3lDXSdx
— Aaron Blake (@AaronBlake) November 13, 2020