Vice News reports:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo just became the latest high-ranking Republican official to insist, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary, that President Trump didn’t actually lose the 2020 election.
“There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration,” Pompeo said in a briefing on Tuesday. Pompeo’s wild-eyed departure from reality comes as Trump continues to insist that Biden’s victory depends on widespread fraud, a claim that so far has not been borne out by any legitimate source.
“We’re ready,” Pompeo said. “The world is watching what’s taking place. We’re going to count all the votes. When the process is complete, there will be electors selected. There’s a process. The Constitution lays it out pretty clearly.”
.@SecPompeo: “There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration.”
— CSPAN (@cspan) November 10, 2020
Asked if @StateDept is going to be engaging with the Biden transition team, Pompeo responds: “There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration.”
This is incredibly reckless, dangerous, and damaging to US security. https://t.co/0zdxUbcIOj
— Samantha Power (@SamanthaJPower) November 10, 2020
This is a grotesque, dangerous signal to every international relationship we have that there isn’t a peaceful transition of power in America.
Trump and Pompeo are the same as third-world warlords now. Congress MUST act. https://t.co/G9CYFVftBM
— Eric Garland (@ericgarland) November 10, 2020