The New York Daily News reports:
Phase 3 is scheduled for NYC next Monday but Mayor de Blasio put the city’s reboot of indoor dining on hold indefinitely Wednesday, citing nationwide coronavirus surges and the heightened dangers of the indoor spread of the disease.
“Indoors is the problem more and more. The science is showing it more and more,” de Blasio said at his morning press briefing. “I want to make it very clear. We cannot go ahead at this point in time with indoor dining in New York City.”
To help keep Big Apple businesses afloat, de Blasio said the city would expand its program to facilitate outdoor dining. So far, 6,600 restaurants are participating in that program. De Blasio did not provide a projection of how many streets the city might close down to benefit restaurants in the coming weeks.