The New York Post reports:
President Trump tweeted Friday that White House coronavirus task force member Dr. Anthony Fauci “has nothing to do with NFL Football” — after the infectious disease expert said games “may not happen” this year.
Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told CNN this week that “if there is a second wave, which is certainly a possibility and which would be complicated by the predictable flu season, football may not happen this year.”
“Unless players are essentially in a bubble — insulated from the community and they are tested nearly every day — it would be very hard to see how football is able to be played this fall,” Fauci said.
Tony Fauci has nothing to do with NFL Football. They are planning a very safe and controlled opening. However, if they don’t stand for our National Anthem and our Great American Flag, I won’t be watching!!!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 19, 2020
Newsflash: The NFL doesn’t care what Donald Trump thinks.
— Mrs. Krassenstein (@HKrassenstein) June 19, 2020
1. That’s DR. Fauci to you, Spanky
2. Saying “NFL Football” is saying “National Football League Football” you moron
3. You have zero to do with it either
4. Roger Goodell said “Black Lives Matter” and you STILL haven’t. Even on Juneteenth!
5. Kneeling isn’t about the flag
— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) June 19, 2020
let’s un-Fox this gibberish:
– nobody’s protesting the flag
– what’s being protested is centuries of systemic racism
– if you still don’t understand that, you’re either willfully ignorant or a demagogue, or both
– no one cares what you watch
– I trust Fauci over #ShufflesTheClown
— Jeff Tiedrich (@itsJeffTiedrich) June 19, 2020