Twitter Refuses To Delete Trump’s Murder Accusations

Reuters reports:

Twitter Inc said on Tuesday it would take no action at this time on tweets from U.S. President Donald Trump about the 2001 death of a former congressional staff member for Joe Scarborough, after her widower asked the company to remove them for furthering false claims.

In a letter to Twitter’s chief executive Jack Dorsey that was published by the New York Times, Timothy J. Klausutis asked that the company remove a tweet by the president “alluding to the repeatedly debunked falsehood that my wife was murdered by her boss, former U.S. Rep. Joe Scarborough.”

Lori Klausutis, who had an undiagnosed heart condition, fell and hit her head on her desk at work. Her death was ruled an accident. A Twitter spokeswoman said the tweets would remain.

Fox News reports:

Trump continued to tweet about Klausutis’ death on Tuesday morning despite significant backlash from all corners, prompting Twitter to issue a statement.

“We are deeply sorry about the pain these statements, and the attention they are drawing, are causing the family. We’ve been working to expand existing product features and policies so we can more effectively address things like this going forward, and we hope to have those changes in place shortly,” a Twitter spokesperson told Fox News.

Trump’s claims have upset lawmakers on both sides of the aisle, Scarborough’s wife Mika Brzezinski (who last week demanded to speak with Twitter management over the president’s incessant, nasty tweets), and even Klausutis’s widower.