The New York Times reports:
Since Chinese officials disclosed the outbreak of a mysterious pneumonialike illness to international health officials on New Year’s Eve, at least 430,000 people have arrived in the United States on direct flights from China, including nearly 40,000 in the two months after President Trump imposed restrictions on such travel, according to an analysis of data collected in both countries.
Mr. Trump has repeatedly suggested that his travel measures impeded the virus’s spread in the United States. “I do think we were very early, but I also think that we were very smart, because we stopped China,” he said at a briefing on Tuesday, adding, “That was probably the biggest decision we made so far.” Last month, he said, “We’re the ones that kept China out of here.”
Read the full article.
Nearly 40,000 people flew from China to the U.S. after Trump enacted travel restrictions that he claims cut off the coronavirus, NYT has found.https://t.co/nvwEB4yrKc
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) April 5, 2020
The NYT finds nearly 40,000 people have flown in from China since Trump imposed the travel restrictions he regularly describes has having "closed down"/"closed off"/"shut down" China. (The restrictions were never actually designed as a complete ban.) https://t.co/NO9QcRSlHr
— Daniel Dale (@ddale8) April 4, 2020