The BBC reports:
Dublin has cancelled its annual St Patrick’s Day parade amid fears about the spread of coronavirus, Irish broadcaster RTÉ has reported.
Earlier on Monday, Cork moved to cancel its parade, the second largest in the country attracting up to 50,000 people. The city council said public welfare was paramount and cancellation was the correct decision.
Irish Health Minister Simon Harris has said the coronavirus situation is very serious. He said it was going to require not just a whole of government approach, but a whole of society approach.