USA Today reports:
A cruise ship was being held off the coast of San Francisco on Thursday amid fears that more than 3,500 passengers and crew may have been exposed.
Gov. Gavin Newsom said the Grand Princess was sailing with 62 passengers who had been on the ship’s previous voyage with a 71-year-old man who eventually died from the virus.
The current cruise was scheduled to arrive in San Francisco on Wednesday, but will not return to port until testing can take place, Newsom said. Test kits were being flown onto the ship, he said. More than 20 passengers and crew members have developed symptoms consistent with COVID-19, Newsom said.
Read the full article.