ABC News reports:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” that the world is a safer place as a result of Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani’s death.
“This was a bad guy, we took him off the playing field. And that’s important because this was a fella who was the glue, who was conducting active plotting against the United States of America, putting American lives at risk,” Pompeo told ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos.
“President Donald Trump made the right decision to stop Qassem Soleimani from the terror campaign that he’d been engaged in against America,” he added, citing an attack at an American base last week and attacks five and 10 years ago.
NEW: Pressed by @GStephanopoulos on his claim that the “world is a safer place” amid escalating tensions and threats from Iran, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo insists “the world is a safer place” as a result of Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani’s killing. https://t.co/Qwc8do5OCL pic.twitter.com/T1Uj4KBqlQ
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) January 5, 2020