The New York Times reports:
Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, a leading contractor for President Trump’s inaugural committee and a former adviser to the first lady, Melania Trump, has publicly disputed accounts of her departure from the White House last year, rejecting claims from officials that she was dismissed. Ms. Winston Wolkoff specifically took issue with suggestions by White House officials that she had been forced out because of reports that she had profited excessively from her role in helping organize inaugural events.
She gave her account of what happened in a statement to The New York Times more than a year after she parted ways with the White House, where she had served as an unpaid adviser to Mrs. Trump after the inauguration. “Was I fired? No,” Ms. Winston Wolkoff said in the statement. “Did I personally receive $26 million or $1.6 million? No. Was I thrown under the bus? Yes.”
Hit the link for more from her interview.
First lady Melania Trump’s former adviser Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, who worked on the president’s inaugural committee, denied to The New York Times suggestions she was was fired for profiting from her rolehttps://t.co/Ia7M6YQ0Lh
— Axios (@axios) May 7, 2019
In statement to Times, with documents backing her statements, Stephanie Winston Wolkoff disputes WH :”Was I fired? No,” Ms. Winston Wolkoff said in the statement. “Did I personally receive $26 million or $1.6 million? No. Was I thrown under the bus? Yes.” https://t.co/YPuccenbnh
— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) May 6, 2019