From the Hollywood Reporter:
President Donald Trump confirmed on Friday morning that he will, once again, be a no-show for the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, an annual tradition that is intended to bridge the gap between the press corps and the administration.
Trump, who skipped the 2017 and 2018 dinners but had not previously announced his 2019 plans, told reporters on Friday that he is skipping this year’s dinner — held on Apr. 27 — because the event is “negative” and “boring.” Instead, he will host a political rally.
JUST IN: President Trump says he will not attend White House Correspondents Dinner, says it’s “too negative.” pic.twitter.com/F4tW27Obb4
— Paula Reid (@PaulaReidCBS) April 5, 2019
REPORTER: “What exactly is offensive about Joe Biden’s behavior, and are you the right messenger for that?”
TRUMP: “Yeah, I think I’m a very good messenger.” pic.twitter.com/GcA0vbhnjm
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) April 5, 2019