CHARLOTTE: Two Dead In Mass Shooting At University Of North Carolina, Multiple Injuries, Gunman Captured

ABC News reports:

Two people have been killed and another four injured after a shooting on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, officials told ABC News. Two of the injured victims were treated for life-threatening injuries. The suspect is in custody, authorities told ABC affiliate WSOC-TV. The suspected shooter is a UNCC male student, the station reported.

The Associated Press reports:

UNC Charlotte issued a campus lockdown late Tuesday afternoon, saying that shots had been fired. “Shots reported near kennedy. Run, Hide, Fight. Secure yourself immediately,” the university said in an alert, referring to the school’s Kennedy building on campus. Aerial shots from local television news outlets showed police officers running toward a building, while another view showed students running on a campus sidewalk. The university later reported that law enforcement officers were sweeping campus buildings.