A Maryland state’s attorney’s office confirmed Monday it had dropped charges against a woman accused of assaulting White House aide Kellyanne Conway. CNN first reported on the incident earlier this year, when Conway told CNN’s Dana Bash that a woman grabbed and shook her while she was out with her teenage daughter at a Maryland restaurant last fall. “She ought to pay for that,” Conway said.
Investigators interviewed some 10 people and went over video of the incident, determining that the defendant grabbed Conway’s elbow to get attention, said the source, who called it “de minimis touching” — a term conferring minor status to the incident. “Everybody realized let’s just not waste the court’s resources on case like this,” added the person familiar with the case.