The Hill reports:
President Trump says in a new interview that he will likely skip the upcoming White House Correspondents Dinner (WHCD), his second skip of the annual event so far as president. In an interview with “Bernie & Sid in the Morning” on 77 WABC, the president said he will “probably” not attend the annual gala hosted by the White House press association. “It’s unlikely I will do the White House Correspondents dinner this year,” Trump told the hosts, before getting in one of his signature attacks at the news media: It’s “so bad and so fake.”
Last year Trump petulantly scheduled a campaign rally on the same night of the gala so that many reporters would be forced to miss the event.
Trump says it’s “probably pretty unlikely” that he’ll attend the WH Correspondents’ Dinner. Tells @bernieandsid it’s because the press is “so bad and so fake.”
— Steven Portnoy (@stevenportnoy) April 6, 2018
Statement on President and WHCA Dinner pic.twitter.com/WiemgnIvcq
— WHCA (@whca) April 6, 2018