Glenn Beck, his website, and its parent company are being sued for falsely naming a Saudi man as being behind the Boston Marathon bombing. Yesterday a court ordered him to name his alleged sources on that claim. Today Beck said that if he does that, he might be killed. Because Hillary, probably. Via Politico:
During his radio program Wednesday, Beck mentioned a conspiracy theory contending that a Democratic National Committee staffer killed in Washington last month was not the victim of street crime, but a politically-directed hit.
Beck went on to appear to link that episode to a judge’s ruling Tuesday—first reported by POLITICO — requiring Beck to name two Department of Homeland Security officials he allegedly relied on for reports linking a Saudi Arabian student to the Boston Marathon bombings in 2013.
“Read the papers,” Beck said. “Read the internet. Sources are under attack. Confidential sources are under attack and you cannot reveal confidential sources because there are sources that are concerned about this very kind of thing … I am convinced, after talking to people in the government and talking through others to sources, I am absolutely convinced that people feel this way; that if I say anything. …”
More from the Washington Post:
Glenn Beck had found the Boston Marathon bombing’s “money man.” Or at least his sources said so.
In the weeks after the 2013 attack that killed three people and injured 264 others, the conservative media host reported that a Saudi Arabian student was part of the plot. Authorities had “tagged” 20-year-old Abdulrahman Alharbi as a “proven terrorist” who funded the operation, Beck alleged.
“You know who the Saudi is?” Beck, formerly of Fox News, said. “He’s the guy who paid for it.”
The claim was untrue. Police did question Alharbi, who had attended the marathon and was injured in the blast. They even searched his apartment and Facebook account. Within a day of the attack, authorities had cleared him of any wrongdoing.
That didn’t stop Beck from pushing the “money man” theory. In several radio broadcasts and posts on his website TheBlaze, Beck claimed that Alharbi recruited the two brothers who carried out the attack, and ultimately gave them the “go order” for the bombing.