From the New York Daily News:
A Minnesota autopsy found an opioid overdose caused the unexpected April 21 death of musical megastar Prince inside his sprawling Paisley Park compound, the Associated Press reported.
The results were made public weeks after a four-hour autopsy by local Chief Medical Examiner Dr. A. Quinn Strobl. A preponderence of evidence has since suggested Prince’s sudden death at age 57 was linked to prescription painkiller abuse. Prince, citing “the flu,” canceled a pair of early April live shows.
He was spied hanging outside a local Walgreens pharmacy in the days before his death. Reports indicated the Oscar and Grammy winner nearly overdosed on Percocet while flying home from his final concert performance in Atlanta on April 14.
BREAKING: Law enforcement official tells AP that tests show Prince died of an opioid overdose.
— The Associated Press (@AP) June 2, 2016