– Carrie Fisher says the producer of her just-closed hit show Wishful Drinking hasn’t paid her what he owes and failed to move the show to a big enough Broadway house. The show had its entire run at the small and non-profit Studio 54.
– South Pacific will close on August 22nd.
– Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown: The Musical, begins previews at Lincoln Center on October 2nd.
– Bloomberg.com reviewer John Simon is grossed out by the Off Broadway gay play The Pride, and says mainstream audiences will be too: “Another problem is men kissing each other and even indulging in violent anal intercourse. Add to this much crudely detailed palaver about fellatio and unleashed indulgence in expletives to make David Mamet envious.” GET TICKETS HERE.
– U2’s Edge says that Spider-Man: The Musical will open this fall despite major production, funding, and other issues. It’s the most expensive production in Broadway history, but things are looking up since Disney acquired Marvel Comics in a few months ago.