– Pulitzer Prize winner Tony Kushner will receive the Courage Award from the NYC Anti-Violence Project at an event to be held November 9th. Get tickets here.
The evening will include cocktails, a chefs’ tasting, and a program featuring the award presentation. Honorees will also include Clifford Chance US LLP, and Weblog creators Bil Browning, Joe Jervis, Pam Spaulding and Andy Towle. AVP is an organization that serves New York’s Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and HIV-Affected communities.
– Christine Lahti, Jimmy Smits, Annie Potts and Ken Stott join the cast of Gods Of Carnage.
– Sutton Foster will star in City Center’s production of Anyone Can Whistle.
– On October 29th, Ian McKellen will stage a one-night only performance of his personal life retrospective for the Shakespeare Theater Company in Washington DC. “His solo performance weaves together stories of his early experiences in the theatre, his advocacy of GLBT rights and his more recent world-wide acclaim and film celebrity. This will be a rare opportunity to hear the personal and heartfelt story of one of the greatest living actors of stage and screen.”
– The cast of GLEE will perform the national anthem before Game 3 of the World Series, to take place either in Los Angeles or Philadelphia.
– The first ever revival of Bye Bye Birdy opens “with a thud.”