The Christian Anti-Defamation Commission has released their “Top Ten Instances Of Christian Bashing In 2008” list. Guess who’s #1? Keep in mind that some of these items did not quite happen the way that CAC-head Dr. Gary Cass sees them, but then again the Christianist right has never been bothered by trifling little details like “truth” or “accuracy” or the need to tell the full story.
10. Jack Black Musical Video
9. Bill Maher Gratuitously Attacks Pope
8. ESPN Anchor Dana Jacobson’s “F— Jesus” Remark
7. Minnesota University Professor Desecrates Communion
6. Religulous the Movie
5. Chaplains Fired for Praying in Jesus’ Name
4. Colorado Law Criminalizes the Bible
3. Barack Obama Defames Christianity
2. Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin Is Attacked
1. Radical Homosexuals Assault Prop 8 Marriage Supporters in California – “During and after the November campaign stories flooded in of pro-Prop 8 signs being taken, people verbally and physically assaulted, church property and private automobiles vandalized, and person’s jobs and pastor’s lives threatened simply for exercising their right to campaign and vote in support of traditional marriage.”
Shortly after this list was released, Dr. Cass was arrested by the Apostrophe Anti-Defamation Commission.