Via the Yale Book Of Quotations, here’s the top ten quotes from 2007.
10. “I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history.” – Jimmy Carter.
9. “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” – Sen. Joe Biden, speaking about Barack Obama.
8. “(I have) a wide stance when going to the bathroom.” – Sen. Larry Craig.
7. “I’m not going to get into a name-calling match with somebody who has a 9 percent approval rating.” Sen. Harry Reid, speaking about Dick Cheney.
6. “There’s only three things he mentions in a sentence: a noun and a verb and 9/11.” – Sen. Joe Biden, speaking about Rudy Giuliani.
5. “I don’t recall.” – Former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.
4. “That’s some nappy-headed hos there.” Don Imus.
3. “In Iran we don’t have homosexuals like in your country.” – Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
2. “I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don’t have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us.” – Miss South Carolina.
1. “Don’t tase me, bro!” – UF student Andrew Meyer.
You’ll note that Joe Biden made the list twice.