Trump Sends “Warmest Condolences” To Terror Victims

Bloomberg reports:

President Donald Trump sent his support Monday to the victims of a shooting at a Las Vegas concert in which police said at least 50 people were killed and more than 200 were injured, making it the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Trump has been briefed on the Sunday night incident and White House officials are closely monitoring the situation, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. “All of those affected are in our thoughts and prayers,” she said.

The shooting could initiate a new round of debate over gun laws. Previously, the deadliest modern shooting on U.S. soil happened just over a year ago, when 49 people were killed at the Orlando nightclub Pulse.