White House Denies Report That Puerto Rico Relief Effort Has Been Hampered By Trump’s Golf Excursions

The Hill reports:

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Saturday denied the veracity of a Washington Post report that claimed that recovery efforts on Puerto Rico have been hampered by President Trump’s excursion last weekend to his resort in Bedminster, New Jersey.

The Post reported on Friday that Trump and his team effectively “went dark” after departing for Bedminster last Thursday night before Friday night’s political rally in Alabama, during which Trump began his feud with NFL players over national anthem protests.

In the report, the Post claims that Trump spoke only once, briefly on Friday, with acting Homeland Security Secretary Elaine Duke about the unfolding crisis in Puerto Rico, and didn’t speak again with Duke until that Tuesday.

• fastlanestranger

100% Trump support=a shrug and an angry tweet.
    Thanks Trump!

• Dayglo
  • bkmn
    • Xiao Ai: The Social Gadfly

I think it’s long past time for us to do the punching. We’re owed.

• Rebecca Gardner

I love him. He was awesome in The Iceman.

• Thorn Spike

“What a cool liar you are, Melly.”

• Stephen Elliot Phillips

Trump treating this entire country like some property in his slum portfolio

• FAEN

According to sources this is 66th golf outing! Enough said.

• Chucktech

That’s about 26% of the number of days in office. What.A.Disgrace.

• FAEN

Yep! And he knows he can get away with it with his Deplorable base. The only bright point-his base seems to be stagnant when it comes to growth.

• boobert

Not lifting the the Jones act soon enough was a big mistake. You only need to see the difference between the actions for Texas and Florida to know something is wrong.

• FAEN

R a c i s m

• Ross

Y e s

• FAEN

How are you Hot Ross?

• Ross

Well, at sixty, I am sorta lukewarm.

• FAEN

Pish Posh

• FAEN

No one with a beard like that is lukewarm.

• Lazycrockett

But we had to deal with the “Bend the Knee” controversy that was being ignored by the majority of Americans.

• Ragnar Lothbrok

Lifted for 10 measly days.

• Ninja0980

That Jesus you claim to care so much about really, really hates liars Sarah.

• Sashineb

And if those fuckwit fundies weren’t in so much denial, they would know that their holey buybull says this: Revelation 21:8 ” … ALL liars … will have their place in the lake of fire.”

• Snarkaholic

Does that include me…for the time I told my friend’s mom that her Marshmallow Spam Surprise was delicious?

• Uncle Mark

How you didn’t just spontaneously combust after uttering such a mendacity is just shocking to me !! ;^)

• Snarkaholic

HAHAHAHA!!!

• Nowhereman

Spam is already a lie. I think what you did was really to create a double negative which would make it the truth. Speaking of Spam–has anyone carved a life-size statue of Donnie 2 Scoops out of it yet?

• TuuxKabin
  • Anastasia Beaverhousen

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, honey you bring your “christian values” out here and for one time tell the fucking truth.

• Ross

Gosh!

Who should we trust?

Sarah Huckabee Sanders?

Or the Washington Post?

Oh! I am just wracked with indecision.

• bkmn

On the other hand if you wanted us to choose between Trump’s WH and the NYT….that would be challenging.

• David Walker

Well, yes. After all, the NYT is “failing.” God, I HATE 45. I thought I hated Nixon. I thought I hated Reagan. I thought I hated the twig. Put together, that combined hatred is NOTHING compared to my hate for 45.

• 5moreminutes*imtired

So wheres the breakdown then? Enlighten us, Sarah.

• Gigi

Trump bitched non-stop about Obama playing golf but as soon as he became president, all of that fake concern went out of the window. Trump’s played more golf in the first six months of his presidency than Obama did in eight years.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    President Obama should have gone to Louisiana days ago, instead of golfing. Too little, too late!
    12:15 PM – Aug 23, 2016

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    “@YankeeRunnerLV:Can U trick Obama into appearing on @ApprenticeNBC by telling him Golf is involved so you can do Country a favor& FIRE HIM!
    11:33 PM – Jan 5, 2015

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    President Obama has a major meeting on the N.Y.C. Ebola outbreak, with people flying in from all over the country, but decided to play golf!
    11:54 PM – Oct 23, 2014

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    Can you believe that,with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.Worse than Carter
    8:03 PM – Oct 13, 2014

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    Can you believe we still have not gotten our Marine out of Mexico. He sits in prison while our PRESIDENT plays golf and makes bad decisions!

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    “@Kalozap: Obama’s mind, IsIs, ebola, etc…. and then thinking, boy I wish I was on the golf coarse. What should I wear on the Links”
    4:46 AM – Sep 11, 2014

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    “@BackOnTrackUSA: @realDonaldTrump While Obama vacations,golfs, attends parties & jazz concerts, ISIS is chopping heads off of journalists.”
    10:15 PM – Aug 19, 2014

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    President Obama played golf yesterday???
    8:59 AM – Nov 18, 2013

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    “@pellscuse11: @realDonaldTrump Who plays more golf, yourself or the President? My money is on POTUS.” You win!
    11:43 PM – Aug 20, 2013

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    Obama should play golf with Republicans & opponents rather than his small group of friends. That way maybe the terrible gridlock would end.
    10:01 AM – Sep 19, 2012

• boatboy_srq

tRump really is the golf coarse.

• Wuulf

DOTUS poor little fe fes’ got a big bobo from mean mayor of San Juan. Aww, it might even effect his golf game. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/8e5c5e8bd9503bdc4c336e91bbfcb45a2db7fdccf440b43856d4d9bb261886dd.gif

• Oh’behr in Minnesota

Now the real Donald would just put the ball in the hole and count it as if his miss didn’t happen.

• Lars Littlefield

OT: is anyone watching AM Joy? Scary stuff. Very scary stuff.

• TimCA

With more and more evidence of collusion and direct links between the Russian government and the Trump campaign and administration along with the continual lies and changing stories about those contacts, we still have almost 40% of the American public supporting this corrupt regime. It’s terrifying that so many of our fellow citizens are accepting this as an ongoing reality.

• Lazycrockett

Well the great thing bout this administration is none of these assholes ever get a good nights sleep.

• Rebecca Gardner
    • Wuulf

Lock them up.

• TuuxKabin

Hey, Wuulf, I go by Voolf . . . may be distant relatives.

• Wuulf

‘Sup cuz.

• TuuxKabin

Nuttin’ much. In and out of doors, dead heading, clipping herbs, yanking out the old dead growth on the wee bit of 11 x 14 deck. Getting it ready for the next season of no growth. Kitchen re-do is suppose to start today. So far two hours later a no show. Trying not to be irked.

‘Zup wit you?

Long ago, I tried for [email protected] . . . had to settle for [email protected] . . . switched to voolf and got it. Comes from (a knocking on the door) the lady of the house asks the maid, “who’s there?” “Voolves.” “Voolves? Don’t let them in.” “Yes, m’am.”

You’re kind new here, sure. Velcome.

• Stogiebear

It may be time to invest in guillotine futures.

• Cucker “Dick” Tarlson

Or electric tumbrels.

• lymis

Beat me to it. Gotta have the tumbrels, and they’ll be useful after the fact as well.

• doninkansas

Xyclone B and shower fixtures

• Tom Furgas

I think it’s called Xyklon B.

• doninkansas

• Rob NYNY

Zyklon B.

• JackFknTwist

Yes, it’s ZyklonB.

• shellback

I will gladly build the guillotines – FOR FREE.

• Stogiebear

SOSHULIST!!!!!1!

• shellback

GILTY!!!!1!

• David Walker

It may be wise to see if former Secretary Forra Price invests in guillotines or opts for the lethal drugs. I would guess guillotines, because the lethal drugs don’t always work and are painful and he’d be eligible for the killing, so I’d say guillotine.

• Nowhereman

I’m taking up knitting…

• jerry

That’s gonna be one hell of a tapestry to get all those names embroidered.

• Nowhereman

I may have to just use initials. I have arthritis in my hands.

• FAEN

LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP!

• FAEN
      • Nowhereman

Thank you! My first knee-slapping, head snapping belly laugh in weeks! I hope she goes on a “I fucking warned you” tour.

• FAEN

I’m glad I could bring you some laughter 😊

• cleos_mom

You bet your sweet ass !

• FAEN

Thank you for the ass compliment. Much appreciated.

• cleos_mom

There’s nothing quite like strong coffee and sweet asses. 😉

• FAEN

Preach! 😉

• JT

Put them in irons to await execution for treason.

• doninkansas

“Seize her and fuck her!”

• Robincho

You GO, Carlotta!…

• ColdCountry

But… but… HER emails!!

• Todd20036

But.. Obama went on vacations (about 1 out of 10 days)

• Puck

She looks like someone hid her vagisil.

• another_steve

I think Trump grabbed her by her thingy and she wasn’t expecting it.

• Lizard

Why yes, Sarah, first responders and the military who were already there have saved many lives in PR. They could save many more if your piece of shit boss cared enough to deploy the supplies and logistical assets they need.

• Blake J Butler

Bullshit. bullshit. bullshit. I’d say stop but baby huey and mrs. two feathers shy of a dumtruck can’t stop lying.

• boobert

They also DENIED Sandy victims the same tax breaks they gave Harvey, Irma and Maria victims. Where was our fat ass NJ republican governor for that ! http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/09/house_excludes_sandy_victims_from_hurricane_aid_pa.html

• David Walker

Part of the problem with that was that Christie was thought to be nice to President Obama so he could get lots of money, some even for recovery help. That was deemed as a no-no and needed to be punished.

• thatotherjean

It is not a good thing when a Republican Governor shakes hands and thanks a Democratic President for his assistance, apparently. Congressional Republicans do not look kindly on such goings-on.

• Rebecca Gardner
    • pj

tell em

• boatboy_srq

FEMA: Boss, PR is still flooded and without power, water or sanitation.
      TRUMP: OK, you’ve covered your ass now.

• kanehau

FEMA: Boss, PR is still flooded and without power, water or sanitation.
        TRUMP: Get my 4-iron please.

• ColdCountry

Please???

• Nowhereman

I would only quibble that he would never say “please”.

• Lumpy Gaga

“, boy.”

• Robincho

Or, in Shrubspeak, “Now watch this drive.”

• jeffg166

Al least he’s consistent.

• Ken M

If “good job” is 100% support, than PR may as well sink.

• GayOldLady

Sarah it’s Saturday and Trump is golfing in NJ, isn’t this your day to work at the Waffle House?

• Lakeview Bob

Very funny. She does look more like a waitress than what ever she is suppose to be doing at the WH.

• liondon#iamnotatraitor

That’s not Dot that’s Sean Spicer!

• PickyPecker

Ya know, I’m ok if someone covers for her today. Sarah always brings cold coffee and mostly-empty syrup pitchers.

• yes b’y

Dot is pissed Sarah, you’re late for your shift.

• Gustav2

Why does Dot always get the better outfit?

• Lumpy Gaga

Dot’s got SENIORITY and you better not forget it, hon. Now cover my last booth while I go grab a smoke. They’ve been sitting on their coffee forever.

• -M-

So he dumped it off on the bureaucracy the military and his proxy President to handle on their own and went golfing, just like the article said. Thanx, Sarah.

• Ragnar Lothbrok

Sarah Huckabee SLANDERS

• jimbo65

I really hope Mueller has her in his sights. Would love to see this lying cow sweat and trip over her bullshit

• Skeptical_Inquirer

Even if she doesn’t actually know anything, I want her to have a breakdown as she’s being questioned. I’m tired of privileged assholes never receiving any real consequences even after doing the most heinous shit.

• jimbo65

Amen

• cleos_mom

Good tweak; I’ve been mentally substituting Norelationtobernie.

• Lakeview Bob

The Furor can easily be updated daily as he sits his fat ass on his golf cart riding between holes. So what the fuck difference does it make Huckster? What exactly has he been doing? NOTHING!

• Rebecca Gardner
    • Lazycrockett

She will quietly resign by the end of October.

• Sashineb

It looks like a good night’s rest is something she hasn’t seen in months.

• Karl Dubhe

If she has any decency, she’ll never have another good night’s rest.

Same for every other bastard or daughter of a bastard who is working for Mr. Trump.

• Skeptical_Inquirer

If only the people in her social circle would ask her if she speaks Russian for the rest of her life.

• Lazycrockett

The thing is for some reason she is very well received in the DC social circles.

• Skeptical_Inquirer

I guess the lizard people need to stick together.

• Lizard

Oy. She’s not one of ours.

• Maybe she has a goodly supply of drugs and shares well with others?

Lying BITCH!

The military are saying not enough is being done!

• Skeptical_Inquirer

Now if only the military would VOTE non-GOP in 2018 and 2020.

• If we could swing the military from red to blue, we might be able to effect a huge change in our country overnight.

• cleos_mom

One of the reasons I decline to participate in the American ritual of military-worship.

• Snarky

WTF these people are shameless. Part of me would be happy, thinking “they are fucking this up so badly and so obviously, this will be Trump’s Katrina” but I’m still too overwhelmed by anger and sadness at the very real human tragedy going on there. People are dying, and they’re sending fundraising emails.

• Nowhereman

Well, his career is over…

• Halou

“Time and again, I am “blown away” by the support of….”

What?

• Ragnar Lothbrok
    • billbear1961

This picture says it all–he SLANDERS that good woman from his goddamned golf course!

How I hate that evil bastard!

• Uncle Mark

He probably thinks she’s just in a water hazard

• Nowhereman

…collecting stray golf balls for her betters…

• dcurlee

I’m right there with you

• Todd20036

No worse than everyone else fantasizing what that man looks like with his shirt off.

Well you are now! And shame on you!

• lymis

Too lazy to get into a boat….

/s

• Slippy_World

Ret. Lt. Gen. Honoré on Trump tweets: “The mayor’s living on a cot and I hope the President has a good day at golf.” http://cnn.it/2x2TORk

• Blake J Butler
  • Rebecca Gardner

What the holy fuck is this dickhead talking about! OMG! I can’t take the fucking stupidity anymore.

• Rebecca Gardner
      • How is he saving money again? How? With him playing golf nearly every single weekend, at the cost of around 3 million dollars a pop.

• bzrd

Tom Price is a very good man
        at grifting
        believe me,
        I should know

• So, the decision is made to not rebuild Puerto Rico, because it won’t embiggen his wealth. And it’s only a territory……sigh.

• BudClark

He’s going to buy up all the distressed properties for ten cents on the dollar.

Watch.

• And you just know he is going to rake in the insurance dough on his mansion he was trying to sell on St. Martin

• billbear1961

For once in your goddamned lives, you so-called “journalists,” hold this evil bastard ACCOUNTABLE!!

STAND UP TO THIS FUCKING REGIME!!

DO YOUR GODDAMNED JOBS!!

• Silver Badger

I do hope you are letting the stress flow through your fingers into the keyboard instead of storing it up in your heart.

• Snarky

Come on, Bill. You realize this post is based on a Washington Post story, right? It is exactly a bunch of journalists doing their jobs and holding Trump accountable. That is what this is.

This is the WaPo headline:
      “Lost weekend: How Trump’s time at his golf club hurt the response to Maria”

As for the “for once in your goddamn lives” remark, do yourself a favor and subscribe to the WaPo or the NYT. You will be paying for the kind of journalism you see so often here on JMG, and you will see that both institutions are holding this regime to account daily. You may not like the mainstream press for whatever reason, but please don’t imagine that they’re not doing their jobs.

• billbear1961

I want to see reporters who question them to their faces stand up to them instead of behaving like courtiers to some tyrant!

The NYT speaks out of both sides of its mouth–and with their both-siderism, the media helped put that bastard in office!

And NOW by refusing to call the far-right the FASCISTS they are, they are normalizing fascism as they normalized Trump’s appalling, anti-democratic behaviour, his relentless HATE-MONGERING, his repeated calls to violence. They call Moore a “conservative firebrand.” They refer to a smile on Nazi Richard Spencer’s face as “cheeky,” and right after the murderous events in Charlottesville!! They call these FASCISTS “populists”!!

A U.S. journalist recently said that the BRITISH press is doing a better job than ours!! And it’s a DUTCH media group who are doing a multi-part investigation into Trump’s history of money-laundering!!

• Snarky

It’s not journalists’ job to call people names. Leave that to opinion writers and TV talking heads and people like you and I.

Those doing real journalism stick to facts, uncovering stories like the WaPo one above. Or like the story about Junior’s emails on the meetings with Russians. Or the “let it go” memo Comey wrote about his meeting with Trump. Or all those undisclosed contacts the Trump campaign had with Russia during the campaign. Or Flynn failing to disclose he was on Turkey’s payroll. Or that Trump called Comey a “nut job.” Or that Trump spilled highly sensitive intel to the Russians when they met with him in the Oval Office.

Those are stories you know about because of the press. Hell, that’s just a fraction – a bunch are all from the same week.

Trump’s calls to violence, his “on many sides” bullshit, his anti-democratic behavior, his packing the courts, his obstruction of justice – you know about them because of a vibrant press.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Tom Price resigning. Just another Trump crony who lost his job because the press was doing its job. Politico broke the story on Price flying everywhere on charter jets.

Some members of the media (like CNN) spent far too much time during the campaign kissing Trump’s ass and giving unquestioning coverage to him because they thought he was nothing more than a gift to their TV ratings, someone they could treat like a circus sideshow but who had no real chance of being president. Yes, they are definitely part of the reason he’s in office. They deserve our scorn for that.

Trump was a candidate unlike any we’ve seen before. Journalists tried to stick to the rules they knew – what you call “both-siderism.” That didn’t work, they got Trumped. And we’ve seen since then that respected outlets have stopped playing the same old game. The NYT and others are now calling him a liar, something most serious journalists would never have done in the past – that was seen as editorializing. Journalism was still stuck playing an old-school gentleman’s game while Trump was outflanking them. They didn’t know what to do.

And mostly what mainstream journalists didn’t want to do was to be called “unfair.” They have spent so much time bending over backwards trying NOT to be seen as “the liberal media” that they were willing to under-play what’s wrong on the right and over-hype what’s wrong on the left, just so they could tell themselves and their readers/viewers that they treated both sides exactly the same.

Trump and the GOP have been working this loophole for decades. It’s a far bigger problem with mainstream journalism than most people ever consider. Fear of being called “liberal” causing them to over-compensate, and becoming mouthpieces for the right in the meantime.

I’m not talking about Fox or Sinclair or the Daily Caller. I’m talking about real, honest journalism outlets.

But Trump has changed the game and places like the NYT and WaPo (and sometimes CNN) have caught up. Don’t expect them to do what you want them to do. Most of what you asked for is not the job of a journalist, but you will find what you’re looking for on opinion pages. But as for my original point, that many journalists are doing their jobs (and not just “for once in their goddamn lives”), that stands. All the news stories you see every day are testament to that fact.

• billbear1961

It is NOT calling someone NAMES to call a Nazi a Nazi or a fascist a fascist!! It is a statement of FACT, and it’s a journalist’s goddamned JOB!! Moore is a lawless fascist theocrat–he is not a “conservative firebrand.” These far-right “populists” are fascists! That’s not “name-calling.” It is a statement of FACT!! Look at their beliefs and tell me with a straight face that they aren’t FASCISTS!! To refer to them merely as “populists” is euphemistic BS; worse, it’s a LIE. When you don’t reveal that they are far-right extremists, fascists, you’re covering up for them, normalizing them, aiding and abetting them!!

Both-siderism is wrong because it is a dishonest exercise in FALSE equivalencies: the Democrats are not guilty of the kinds of gross abuses of the system and the deliberate and relentless baldfaced LYING that the Republicans are guilty of! Only ONE of the two major parties is out to destroy good government! Only ONE has thrown aside the regular legislative process to plot in secret in the service of the rich ONLY, to rob this country blind for the 1%. Only ONE is betraying the rule of law, the tenets of true democracy, loyalty to the principle of EQUAL protection without which democracy is a FRAUD, a descent into an evil tyranny of the majority!! To claim otherwise is a goddamned LIE!! It is an abject failure on the part of journalists to do their JOBS to defend the truth from lies and true democracy from irrational and hateful extremism!!

These stupid, useless BASTARDS have allowed the right to make them behave as if they believed that defending the truth and facts was a BIASED ACT when it is as far from a biased act as one can get!!

The failure of the Fourth Estate to stand up to the right’s LIE machine, to stand up to ever-more BRAZEN right-wing extremism, to FASCISM, is the MAIN reason for today’s CRISIS!!

• Snarky

Bill, I don’t think we are going to agree on the finer points of how journalists do or don’t do their jobs. That you call them “stupid, useless BASTARDS” kind of tells me that you’ve lumped everyone in the same group. Not all journalists are the same. Journalism isn’t the kind of monolith that the right wing wants us to think it is. They call everyone the “fake news media,” or the “liberal media” and they behave as if the NYT and the AP and CNN all meet and talk about what to cover and what to say, and that they’re all the same (good or bad). Don’t fall into their trap. There are journalists out there doing exactly what I think you want them to do – speaking truth to power. Support them.

Name-calling isn’t a journalist’s job. It isn’t. Their job is to give us facts, and let us do what we will with them.

If there was a Nazi party still around, or a Fascist party, then yes, call all members Nazis or Fascists. But to do what you ask is to offer opinion. Call them Nazi sympathizers or apologists, sure, if that’s what they’re doing. But to be a Nazi, for example, is a very real thing. The word Nazi means something – membership in a particular German fascist party of old. If a person isn’t actually a Nazi, then calling them one is just that – name calling. Again, that’s sticking to facts and not opinion.

On the other side, over in Breitbart land, all liberal protesters are Antifa. Every person protesting police brutality against POC becomes a member of BLM or the Black Panthers. They throw those words around at everyone, so it means nothing. We can’t encourage legit journalists to cry wolf, or they lose whatever credibility they have. All journalists have is facts, they need to stick with facts and not all-caps opinion.

Better to accurately describe those assholes and what they’re doing (“Joe Schmoe, who wore WWII-era Nazi regalia and has a swastika tattoo on his neck, said the statue represented Southern heritage”) than to fill news stories with opinion. If that line was in a news story, the reporter has done their job. They’ve given us fact, not opinion. They’ve told us what we need to know, supported by concrete facts.

If I wanted opinion journalism I know where to find it.

• billbear1961

It isn’t name-calling if you’re a fascist and I call you one. What about that, exactly, is so difficult for you to understand??

I can’t call a fascist a fascist if he tells me he isn’t one. THAT is the BS you’re trying to feed me, but I’ll be DAMNED if I’ll eat it!

If you agree with someone like Moore or Bannon, if you support them, you are a FASCIST.

It baffles and exasperates the hell out of me that you can’t see that!

Here’s another example: recently a leader of the KKK said he wasn’t a racist and then made statements that made it 100% CLEAR that he’s RACIST. If you’re a journalist and you fail to make it clear in your report that he’s a racist, you FAIL as a journalist!!

For a quarter of a century, the MSM have feared being called biased by the right if they simply stand up for the TRUTH. Meanwhile, the right-wing propaganda machine–one of its biggest mouthpieces being Fox–tells baldfaced lies, shows obvious, flagrant BIAS on a DAILY basis, and NO ONE, except COMEDIANS and a few dedicated journalists routinely ignored by the MSM, calls them out for it!!

The DIRECT consequence of that FAILURE to stand up to the LIE machine is the current CRISIS, where having a proven and relentless pathological liar like Trump in the Oval Office is treated like nothing to get unduly upset about. “Give him a chance.” Jesus WEPT!!

You’ll still be making EXCUSES for the FAILURE of the press to do its JOB as it SHOULD be done when the Republic is DEAD and BURIED.

Well, you go right ahead. You will do so without ME!!

• Snarky

Bill, I’m not making excuses. What I’m trying to tell you is the difference between fact and opinion, and how one is used in news stories and one is used in opinion writing. Describing people with some words are provable facts, while other words are opinion.

And no, I did not say that it has to do with whether the person says “please don’t describe me as such-and-such.” That was you replying to something I did not say.

In news stories, journalists need to stick to facts, or they can easily be sued. That is one reason you don’t see opinion in news stories on respectable outlets.

The other thing is, it’s factually incorrect. Here’s how: let’s say a guy gets in a fight with his wife and he grabs a gun and shoots her, several times until she’s dead. The cops come to his house and arrest him and as they’re putting him in the squad car, he yells “I shot that bitch to death and I wanted to do it!” It would be factually inaccurate to call him a murderer. You can say he admitted killing his wife, but you can’t call him a murderer.

Why? Because words have meaning. “Murder” and “murderer” are legal terms. A person is a murderer only after they have been charged with the crime of murder and convicted. Journalists (good ones) know that calling that person a murderer before they are convicted would be offering their opinion, and it would leave them open to a libel lawsuit.

So in this case it is factually incorrect to use the wrong word. That’s what I’m trying to get across to you. It may feel great to shout “Nazi” at someone, but a Nazi is a very specific thing, and if you’re going to call someone that in print, you had better be prepared to back it up in court. “Where is your proof that my client is a Nazi? Oh you don’t have any? Your honor, I ask that you find for the plaintiff.”

You said a Klan leader first said he wasn’t racist, and then said racist things. If you read it somewhere, I would say that journalist did in fact do their job. You saw the person contradicting themselves, lying to us. Trump does it all the time. All a journalist needs to do is show us the lie. They don’t also need to jump up and down like a child and scream “liar liar pants on fire” every time.

Look, it seems you already decided you don’t want to listen to what I’m saying. You’re missing the point of what I have said, and you’re shouting at me in all caps about the things which we do agree on. Which tells me you’re probably not reading my replies to you. That’s a shame, I come here in part to have a dialogue with other members of the JMG crowd. A dialogue, meaning two people conversing. Not a monologue, which is one person just talking for their own benefit.

So go in peace, Bill.

• Ken M

Change journalists to Members of Congress, and I’Il send the emails myself. The press can’t impeach, Congress can.

• billbear1961

BOTH are negligent–BOTH cringe and crawl!

How can it not matter that the POTUS is a proven and relentless pathological LIAR?! Why is this not driven home EVERY DAY by the press and responsible politicians?!

The right’s media LIE machine is THE scandal of the past QUARTER CENTURY!! Its virtually unchallenged success is the MAIN reason for the current crisis, for Trump’s presence in the Oval Office; and yet STILL they are treated like COLLEAGUES by the serious press–STILL they are not exposed for what they are and DESTROYED!!

It has cost this country much–it may cost it EVERYTHING!!

• Nowhereman

A lot of them are. They are our last defense.

• Thorn Spike

That must be her lyin’ face because she has it on all the time.

• Keith D Plane

fake news Sarah fake news

• boobert

He says he’s going to visit on Tuesday. Any bets he’ll visit his St John property for press to help sell it? lol

• Tawreos

A known liar saying someone is lying about a different known liar. It never fucking ends.

• Silver Badger

How long ago did Sarah have her stroke? She seems to have made a remarkable recovery.

• Cucker “Dick” Tarlson

What is the word for evil AND stupid? There has to be one, seriously.

• Ragnar Lothbrok
    • another_steve

She’s very impressive.

Her articulateness and pleas for help – compared with the orange sexual predator’s tweets and his playing golf today – is, to put it mildly, striking.

• JT

Not POTUS but POSOTUS (Piece of Shit of the United States).

• MikeBx2

I’m generally a fan of Stelter but this just adds to my anger. Quit giving Trump any benefit of the doubt. It’s way beyond merely being “insensitive” and it’s not an option to call it that.

• Ninja0980

Not to mention Selena Zito at the far right.
      So fucking sick of hearing how people who live in rural areas are the only “real” Americans and how the rest of us don’t have real fears or concerns, care about our families or have real values etc.

• BRAVO!!!

• Gustav2

It is amazing, as soon as we leave our county, the attitude of superiority is palpable. They are whiter than thou!

• Ninja0980

Same here.
          When I go to upstate NY, the this is the “real” NY dog whistles come through loud and clear.
          Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of good people in these areas but to say there aren’t racists etc. is a flat out lie.

• Gustav2

And homophobes. Some women. yes the women, just shove us out of the way in stores, so much for rural Midwestern Nice. Since marriage equality I guess they think we steal all the good men. lol

• Gerry Fisher

I thought it was interesting how the dotard’s fans are trying to frame honoring the American flag as “honoring the service of veterans,” as if the flag stands for nothing else. You know, like our foreign policy meddling, our constitution, our civil rights, and a lot more.

• BudClark

Rural ‘Merrikans better be THANKFUL that BLUE cities and states pay for their welfare safety net!

• another_steve

Not seeing that, Mike. He’s trying to be objective (journalists have that obligation, after all), but his reference to a “racist dog whistle” is pretty powerful stuff – don’t you think?

• MikeBx2

It just seems at some point Trump doesn’t deserve the “at best” option. Trump saying they want everything done for them goes beyond dog whistle. It’s blatant. But I agree, he has to be objective.

• another_steve

In my professional life I wrote stuff for federal executives to speak in public, and let me tell you – it’s a bitch. You’ve got to factor in a million considerations.

Who’s the target audience for this? What else is going on in the world today that could affect how people hear and understand this? What could/will my enemies seize upon to make me or what I’m saying look and sound bad?

Journalists have similar considerations with regard to what they write and speak. National media outlets are hyper-sensitive when it comes to the possibility of “alienating” large segments of their viewers or purchasers.

Sheesh. So glad I’m outta there and a couch potato today…

• MikeBx2

You are so right. My frustration causes me to want all of them to be opinion journalists. Unless of course I don’t agree with their opinion. 😉

• billbear1961

It is an objective FACT that the bastard is a pathological LIAR!

How can this not matter in a POTUS?!

The media DISGUST me pretending that he isn’t!

They DISGUST me when they act like his pathological LYING isn’t something that MUST BE a matter of GRAVE concern!!

• billbear1961

The job of a journalist is to TELL THE TRUTH, to uncover it and TELL IT!

I’m so sick to DEATH of people making excuses for their FAILURE to stand up for the TRUTH!!

• Gerry Fisher

He dog-whistle attacks them as they are facing suffering and death. It’s disgusting.

• SoCalGal20

Fuck off, Sarah. And nothing you tweeted contradicts WaPo. Trump hasn’t done shit and and his people are fucking incompetent. And Trump is too busy being a racist, elistist douchebag to care.

And NOBOBY is criticizing first responders.

• David

Evil orange sociopathic 3 year old.

• worstcultever

(pessimistic rant ahead)

The fact that this sick, ridiculous, horrifying POS could happen at all as a political entity – let alone be “elected” our actual national leader – let alone be allowed to poison and wreck our social fabric and institutions on a daily basis – and utterly humiliate us as a nation, constantly – with total freedom and impunity – and still be covered by the MSM as a mere profit center – and be considered completely ok by the repukes who could stop this, because he’s useful to their fascist Koch agenda of reducing us all to living under bridges – to me this all says, our country is over. It has been destroyed by the republican party and its unstoppable noise machine, which has sought to wreck even the notion of objective realitly – and succeeded. We are living in a slo-mo Jonestown. And it is still going to get a LOT worse.

• Ross

Thank you for putting the word elected in quotes.

EXACTLY!!

And a righteous denunciation of that which is EVIL is not a “rant.” A rant implies “losing it” and making little or no sense. That’s not what your post does.

People are so used to the totally phony, manufactured rage from the right that they’re wary of denouncing evil when they see it with fully justified, righteous ANGER.

The media and the Democrats give the right’s lie machine a pass! They treat the GOP like it still believes in good government and the tenets of true democracy (the rule of law and equal protection for ALL citizens) when it does NOT, and even though we can all SEE they serve only the gangster oligarchs! What fucking further proof of this does any HONEST person NEED other than the existence of their MURDER bills meant to deprive MILLIONS of healthcare insurance so they can give HUGE tax cuts to the rich?! They have shoved aside regular order in the legislative process and plot in secret to ROB THIS COUNTRY BLIND for their RICH MASTERS!!

Please do not qualify your fully justified complaint and warning as a rant!!

Most in the MSM do not give a DAMN about this country–they care only about their bottom line, the profit to be made from this shameful CIRCUS they keep going!! “Trump may not be good for the country, but he’s good for CBS!!” They could destroy Trump very quickly by simply trumpeting the devastating truth about him and his regime day and night and by exposing the right’s LIE machine with the PROOF of what it IS!!

• bzrd

where is the new Walter Cronkite?

• billbear1961

Yes, bzrd, I frequently think about him and about how DISGUSTED he would be if he could see what’s happening today!

• BudClark

Not to mention Edward R. Murrow …

• billbear1961

From what I’ve seen so far, your pessimism is fully JUSTIFIED!

Not one major, prominent voice in a position of real power has spoken up daily, 24/7, in LOUD defense of this Republic and in proud DEFIANCE of the traitorous, justice-obstructing, predatory, racist, society-destroying, thieving DEFILER- and congenital LIAR-in-chief!!

• Lumpy Gaga

“No, the water doesn’t feel especially warm. Why do you ask?”

— Frog in a Pot ™

• David

The crazier and more evil Dotard becomes, the more his soulless, hate-filled minions worship him.

• MikeBx2
    • MikeBx2

After all, they are the people who despise Obamacare but love the ACA.

• Rambie

Yes do it!

• Nowhereman

Well, they are pretty ignorant, so I’d say 110% or more would sign. Several of them would cheat and cross state lines to sign it twice.

• Ken M

Our anger/attention must be redirected. Hard as it might sound, FORGET ABOUT TRUMP!!! Only Congress can IMPEACH HIM!!! Trump – attention = mistakes. He needs it like the rest of us need air. Our attention, in all it’s forms, must be directed to where it can have the greatest effect in achieving our goal. Congress can impeach. Time to put them in the spotlight.

• Ken M
      • Gerry Fisher

Nick Offerman…woooooooooof

• Ahh, yes! If we stop publicizing his every move, every tweet, we just might starve his attention needing self into acting responsible.

Or……it might cause him to totally fall of the cliff of normalcy and cause him to do something quite horrific.

• SoCalGal20

If everybody (and I mean everybody) stopped giving him attention he’d shrivel up and die. Sadly, there will always be somebody to give him attention and those people won’t have anybody’s interest at heart except their own.

• JWC

Oh Donny Good sense dictates . when you have dug a deep hole when you are wrong maybe you should quti digging

• TampaDink

When it comes to good sense…or any sense at all, he has never taken dictation.

• JWC

Very true c’est vrai

• TampaDink

Hope that you’re having a great weekend out there….still using the borrowed chainsaw to try to finish clearing up debris from the storm. I’m/we’re both exhausted….and due to our respective health issues, can only work for about 2 hrs. (max) before being wiped out….and have been trying to do that in the evening when the temps drop below 90.

• JWC

Fall is here only 12c rainy today One good think about work it will wait for you

• TampaDink

This is true….I just had hoped to return the chainsaw before this weekend.

• JWC

Oh I don’t think they will mind Its not every day two gay boys get to play as hardened lesbians Have at it

• TampaDink

LOL!

• David

Since 110% of everything in Trumplandia is a lie and a fraud, she just admitted to everything.

• SoCalGal20

It’s always Opposite Day in Trumpland. Whatever they claim, they’re doing the opposite.

• Ragnar Lothbrok
    • TimCA

Excellent! Thanks for posting!

• jerry

The prostitutes: Ivana Goldenshower and Natasha Urinkostekstra.

• doninkansas

Who cares what you are Trump says, we all know that for the two of you, it is always Opposite Day. Maybe we should start calling Trump Queen Carlotta?

• grada3784

He deserves the full Empress, but that would make his spouse Maximillian.

• Snarky

If she’s telling the truth (that would be a first), that’s worse for the WH. Because that means Trump was updated daily and he STILL fucked up the response to Maria. It’s saying “the president knows very well what’s going on with the life-threatening humanitarian disaster in Puerto Rico, but he has chosen instead to stoke racism and bitch about football players on social media. MAGA!”

• SoCalGal20
    • Joe in PA

And he is probably your rep. 🙁 Are you sure you want to leave SoCal?

#jealous.

• SoCalGal20

LMAO I WISH. Duncan Hunter is my Rep.

• BudClark

I’m from San Diego. Duncan Hunter is a useless, brainless POS.

• Sam_Handwich
  • Joe in PA

I wonder if #GoodJobOrangie is trending?

• Lumpy Gaga

Heckuva Job, Crushie!

• Gerry Fisher

Orange-ish-Man-Baby receiving updates as he golfs and saying the equivalent of “Heck of a job, Brownie!” is not the issue. The issue is why 4 days went by–late Thursday through late Monday–in which leaders in Puerto Rico were not able to get through to administration officials and why the original rescue plans didn’t quickly evolve to address the situation on the ground.

• worstcultever

This thread amplifies/addresses your point

• Sam_Handwich

In the four days before Maria hit National Hurricane Center issued 16 statements saying a major storm would make landfall in PR. A plan should have been well underway

• Lazycrockett

The USNS Comfort should have been fully loaded and ready to leave port as soon as the storm passed.

• Joe in PA

Psssst: they are brown people and they aren’t eligible to vote for the prez.

• Lazycrockett

I fully believe no one in this administration even knew what the Comfort was until Hillary tweeted bout it.

• UrsusArctos

Once they move to FL/GA/TX/NY/NJ they will.

• UrsusArctos

Same for the SeaBees/Reserves/National Guard. The SeaBees are based in Gulfport, MS and know storm recovery up close and personal.

• anne marie in philly

orange tinyhands needs to get the fuck off his lazy fat white ass AND GET TO WORK LEADING! gawd, I miss obama!

• Talisman

The dumpster is treating the Presidency as if it’s a corporate position: work 8-5 M-F, and then go home and golf on the weekends. He’s yet to grasp that the Presidency isn’t just a full-time job, it’s a 24/7 commitment. Of course, he’s never committed to anything fully in his life.

• Tom Furgas

Main difference is that he’s not even doing any work when he’s there! What has he accomplished besides roiling public opinion and inciting hatred?

• canoebum

Au contraire, he has committed to one thing fully in his life; the enrichment and glorification of Trump. All else is unimportant.

• Oh’behr in Minnesota

Ha, true, not even his wives nor kids.

• Michael R

Goes double for Trump

• Joe in PA

LOL “Are you getting a lot of that Mr Vice-President?

LOL

• Skeptical_Inquirer

I’m still furious he got a fucking heart transplant.

• TampaDink

I’ve been hoping ever since that happened, that the family of the donor never learns where their loved ones vital organ ended up.

• UrsusArctos

Even in the “Reddest states” there are a LOT of “Blue”folk. Mississippi is about 40%± “blue”. A LOT of us would have done the same as this guy over in Ocean Springs did, given the chance. Being a “Blue Dot in a Red Sea” is tough, but does have it’s rewards.

• TrollopeReader

Does anyone know the last time Sarah H-S told the actual truth?

• Tom Furgas

Mr. Trump’s inaction on Puerto Rico any highlights his incredible bigotry, as if it needed to be. This goes beyond dereliction of duty.

• Mark Née Fuzz

I wish her god was more than just a myth so he could smite her lying bitch ass to hell.

• bambinoitaliano

Did Kelly Conjob get a day off? Poor Sarah got drag out of her bed to spin the bullshit on a Saturday. Not that she look any different in and out of the her bed room.

• TampaDink

She may have had to (private) jet off to Baltimore (from D.C.) for an important “meeting”.

• DesertSun59

Sanders is an extremely well documented propagandist and serial liar.

• bambinoitaliano
    • oh, Ouch!

• Nowhereman

A lot of them are moving to the mainland permanently. And they will not be voting for republicans.

• UrsusArctos

FL may change after the Puerto Rican diaspora settles there.

• Skeptical_Inquirer

I hope the first victim is Rubio. I still don’t get why they keep stuffing in a guy who is notorious not into his job.

• Ninja0980

Because the Florida Democratic party has been run like crap and had no one decent to run against him, that’s why.

• cleos_mom

Actually, Puerto Rico gave Rubio the nod in last year’s primary (Clinton won the Democratic one), which might be what’s chapping The Dotard’s tiny whities.

• Snarky

I hope so! Much bigger Puerto Rican population in New York, though. A lot of people have family connections there instead. But yes, if they’re going to leave the island and start over, I hope they flood into Florida and flip some currently safe Republican districts, while adding to the energy and diversity there.

• UrsusArctos

The I-4 corridor (Daytona/Orlando/Tampa) has been seeing a growing Puerto Rican/Latino community for about a decade. This will hasten it.

• AdamTh

Even if correct (doubtful), why is the ‘son of a bitch’ still playing golf evey weekend – at taxpayers expense?

• thatotherjean

Because he can.

• David Walker

Has her family disowned her? Has she disowned her family. It’s just that she’s dropped Huckabee from her Official Name. Either reason works for me, but it’s kinda curious.

• Silver Badger

She is either tired of the baggage the name Huckabee brings with it or she simply forgot. That stroke, ya know.

• TrollopeReader

would *you* want to be called Fuxabee??

• Nowhereman

I must say, Sarah Huckabee is the PERFECT mouthpiece for The Donald. Fact-free and minty fresh, smug, arrogant and shallow.

• Danieruw

And unquestioningly does what she’s told…

• thatotherjean

If you questioned what this administration told you to say, you would not only be out of a job as Press Secretary, you’d be quietly losing your mind trying to figure out how to spin what you know to be untrue. Best not to question.

• UrsusArctos

Deja Vu, all over again sadly. There was a LOT of this post-Katrina. The Wikipedia timeline linked below shows how all this has happened before, complete with the President/White House giving mayors and governors crap while the Feds were mostly paralyzed.
    By this point post-K the adults had gotten ahold of W and let him know he needed to get the hell out of the way and let the emergency/logistics/infrastructure people lead the show.
    The first two weeks were hell. You were on your own the first week. The second week you kept digging, but were hearing about some federal efforts beginning. The next two weeks were figuring out just how screwed you were. I feel for the people of PR, having been in their shoes. Twelve years down the road, there are still screwed up things.

• Michael R
    • Snarky

Truly, with Trump there is a tweet for everything.

• -M-

The Turd must’ve pissed off at least three generations of gypsy witches. Did he have a Romany village bulldozed at some point?

• Stubenville

Sure Donald; we’ll just get utility trucks from up and down the east coast to strap on pontoons and drive to San Juan to help. You’re an utter moron.

• Daveed_WOW

Over on Mediaite….we leftist elitists are wrecking sock puppets. Amazing how many there are. Now they’re all sloppy rosebuds.

• Cucker “Dick” Tarlson

So we’re not snowflakes today?

Dammit, I’m wearing the wrong pants.

• UrsusArctos

Baghdad Bob’s missing daughter says what?

• Michael McReavy

Off topic.

A few days ago on another thread I posted a link to a tweet or an article stating Trump’s bankrupt golf course in Puerto Rico had left the island stuck with $33 million in debt. It appears the situation was not so cut and dried. Sorry for the misleading info. http://www.snopes.com/trump-puerto-rico-golf-course/

• Bj Lincoln

We all get mislead now and then. To admit a mistake and rectify the problem is a sign of being a decent human being. This is something Drumpf is incapable of doing. Thanks for posting.

• Bj Lincoln

Just tweeted back, “The press holds up EVERY FR and ALL Heros so you are full of shit! You are as bad as Drumpf!”

• safari
    • FelineMama

Who dresses this person, Mr. Magoo?

• TampaDink

Mr. Magoo would be able to feel the NO, NO, NO in this fabric.

• bzrd

kimmie’s kansass fashions

• Cucker “Dick” Tarlson

The Dress Bunker Bonanza and Bakker’s Bucket Boutique.

One stop shopping for dotards.

• Stubenville

I think this particular schmatta is from the Kardashian Kollection at Kmart.

• UrsusArctos

Nedemeyers Department Store in Raytown. She has Eunice working as a “Fashion consultant”.

• greenmanTN

She looks like her name should be “Sluggo.”

• DaveMiller135

Just like the boy who cried wolf, if you call enough true stories “Fake News,” I assume when you call a story false, that it must be true. That is, I haven’t read the story yet, I’ve only read that you, the WH, are calling it false, and therefore, I reason, it must be true. If any of you want to make 4 years, you’re gonna want to work on that.

• Jean-Marc in Canada
  • mark99k

Not sure why anyone continues to listen to this lying sack of shit.

• FelineMama

The four most used words in the English language:” White House Denies Report”.

• EdA

This creature seems not to realize that no one, as far as I know, is complaining about the work of the third responders (long after, for example, the cruise ship crews and the New York State Police and New York Fire Department) and military AFTER THEY EVENTUALLY GOT THERE.

• Max_1
  • goofy_joe

With the severe lack of transparency in this government, it’s difficult to know what he is doing, if anything. Say what you will about President Obama, but he released visitor’s logs and was very communicative about his administration.

• Robert Adams

Competence is in no way related to how often you swing a golf club.

• BobSF_94117

When you show up a week late, can you really be called a “first responder”?

• Stubenville

“Johnny come lately” is more like it.

• UrsusArctos

Actually in these big events, the normal first responders can take up to a week to get into the area. Not making excuses for this administration’s apparent lack of understanding that to even get FRs to the area they had to lay plans down BEFORE the storm struck or they might lose up to two weeks. With Katrina the local support facilities for FRs were destroyed and there was no way to set up large scale operations until some power was restored or generators brought in.

• BobSF_94117

Exactly, which is why ships should have started steaming to PR last Tuesday. People still have no idea of the scale of the damage in PR.

• Gianni

Incredible how much this ass hammered, berated, and insulted President Obama for playing golf when, as he often decried, there was important work to be done in Washington. (Please pardon my potty mouth for the following.) Yet, this fucking no class dirtbag OWNS the fucking golf courses that he constantly runs to to play his fucking games while there REALLY and TRULY is extremely important life and death business to attend to in Washington! I never in all my years could ever imagine that when the teachers used to tell us that, in this country of greatest opportunity, ANYONE could become President, that it included no class dirtbag trash like this appalling creature. Plus the horrible fact that so many Americans are so goddamned brain dead that they actually fell for the theatrics and couldn’t see what a disaster this abomination was going to be as President.

• BearEyes

Potty mouth pardoned

• Gianni

Much appreciated. His attitude is absolutely reprehensible. I feel like I might bust if I don’t let it out.

• BearEyes

some well placed venting from time to time is healthful.

• Cucker “Dick” Tarlson

Potty mouth appreciated.

• Gianni

Thanks. Sometimes I just can’t hold it back. I so detest this creep’s attitude.

• Rick

Darling, what is that scent you’re wearing – Eau de Mendaceé?

• Jack

Hey, why doesn’t Trump start a news empire? Print, digital, radio, TV. All Trump, all the time?

• marshlc

“US military & first responders saving many lives in PR, but like so
    many of their acts of heroism, is often a story that doesn’t get told”

You know, if it was my job to meet with the press every day and give them the White House take on the affairs of the day, I would not be saying this as if it had nothing to do with me. If I were doing my job properly, the stories I wanted to be told, would be told, because I’d be telling them.

If I were doing my job properly, I’d have a, yes, sometimes somewhat adversarial, but also usually fairly good, relationship with the press. I’d know that they would have to have some trust that what I told them was mostly true, so while there would be some stories I’d be a little less than forthcoming about, I would not outright lie. I would recognize that it’s their job to dig deeper, just as it is mine to give them something to write about that at least starts with the spin I want.

The press loves feel-good patriotic stories, because the public loves them. So if I had a true feel-good story that the press could trust, I’d know that they would run with it.

So the only conclusion that can be drawn here is that either Sanders is terrible at her job, or there is no heroism story. Or both.

• lymis

The only PR that Trump cares about is his public relations image.

Which is tanking faster, with less chance of recovery, than Puerto Rico.

• Stubenville

Sarah “lil ray of sunshine” Huckabee looks like someone just crapped in her cornflakes.

• Treant

We always say, “Pissed in her Post-Toasties.”

Which is weird, because Post-Toasties were before our time for most of us around here.

• -M-

The usage I’ve always heard is, “Who pissed in their cornflakes?”.

• rednekokie

tRump has been “dark” for over 40 years. This is nothing new.
    The national embarrassment has no idea of what the world is doing around him — nor the damage his ridiculous pronouncements are doing to the American dream.
    We all know now, that the term “believe me” is nothing but code word for “I LIED”.

• I think it’s simpler than that really. I don’t think the world outside his knowledge exists to him, or rather, “nobody knows” the things he doesn’t know until he knows them. The “truth” is whatever he says it is. I believe that HE believes it. His world is the embodiment of the George Costanza philosophy, and he’s always had yes-men and sycophants to keep him believing that it’s real. He doesn’t know the difference between a truth and a lie, and doesn’t care. It’s never mattered before. And somehow, we all got sucked into this vortex when the country and the media played along. When he’d get caught in a lie or a scandal, he’d just plow right through it to the next thing, and voters and the media let him do it.

• rednekokie

Very unfortunate, and I believe you are absolutely correct.
        How the American public got fooled by this fool is another story — but just as unfortunate.

• JCF

“updated daily on efforts by Gen Kelly”

He reports there’s more rain in the forecast. ;-/

• -M-

Saw your return post last night or this morning. Welcome back, glad you had fun.

• JCF

Thanks, M…ercury?

• -M-

I like the pic joe choose, with her ‘But I told you what to say already.’ face.

• fahvel

when a nation pretends to greatness like the usa does, why does every action it may take depend on the pres. Aren’t there agencies and chiefs and directors of all the mechanisms of govt there that have jobs? Do they have to ask permission from the ahole to do their jobs? I’d assume whichever agency did relief and emergency stuff would just up and do it when necessary and also if it’s just an itty bitty part of the usa to begin with. The moron – whom I now despise (not just an international joke) does less damage, except to tees and grass, when it plays golf- leave it in jersey and the usa and its image might just be able to resurface.

• BudClark

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Matt

She’s a lying hag (not the fun kind), so why wouldn’t anyone without cheeto dust around their lips believe a word she says? They wouldn’t.