According to the 14th annual survey by the LGBT-focused Community Marketing, Inc, New York City remains the top choice for LGBT tourists. The reports notes that the poor economy has affected gay travel to most destinations in the last year. The top five:
1) New York
2) Las Vegas
3) San Francisco
4) Los Angeles / West Hollywood
Overall trends included:
1) Due to the deep recession, almost all destinations experienced a decrease in LGBT travel, except Washington DC which garnered higher numbers.
2) The rankings remain remarkably consistent from past years. A few destinations such as Seattle, however, did jump up in rankings.
3) The top seven LGBT destinations experienced the least decline in LGBT visitors, while other destinations experienced larger declines.
4) Overall, leisure travel declined slightly among LGBT travelers, but business travel and cruise travel saw steeper drop-offs.
A top 25 list of destinations, broken down by gender and reason for visit, is available at the above link.